1. Overall, how would you describe your Shared Ownership experience?
Marital status: Single
Employment: Works in Marketing for a Technology company.
Development name: The Cedars
Percentage owned: 50%
It's been brilliant and the only way I could get on the property ladder as a single young person.
2. Describe the property you live in
It's really beautiful. It's a one bedroomed apartment on the top floor. It's brand new, has a balcony, and is open plan with a kitchen in a cove.
3. Who do you live with?
I live on my own.
4. Is this your first/ second/ final house?
It's my first home.
5. Where were you living prior to this?
Since I was 19 I've always rented. Before buying at The Cedars I moved home for five months while I looked for something to buy.
6. How did you hear about Shared Ownership?
I'd heard about it through a friend who used to commute past the development as they were building it. I then went on the Help to Buy website to find out more.
7. Why did you think Shared Ownership was right for you?
This is the only way I could have got on the property ladder. I couldn't get a mortgage for a nice enough place on the open market. For people on their own, it's really difficult.
8. What does it mean to you to own your own home?
It's my pride and joy. It means everything to me.
9. What are the advantages of buying property in this way?
When you rent, it's not your own home. Now, even though I technically only own 50% it's still mine and I'm on the property ladder.
10. What are the financial advantages of Shared Ownership?
It's let me get on the property ladder otherwise I would not have been able to for a very long time.
11. Is home ownership important in the current market? If so, why?
Yes, it's important to own your own home and it's always been important to me. Having part-ownership is a great investment.
12. How did Southern Home Ownership help you throughout the process?
They were amazing. My contact was brilliant right from the start when I viewed the show home and he kept in touch the whole time. I gave him a box of chocolates afterwards because he was so brilliant.
13. Would you recommend Shared Ownership to other people? If so, why?
I'd definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about it. It's the best way to get on the property ladder.
14. What's the single best thing about Shared Ownership?
It's the only way I could buy property.